Losing weight is one of the biggest problems worldwide and naturally, you will find unlimited information and health recipes on the internet dedicated to it. However, gaining weight is equally difficult for people who are thin and fragile. Some are naturally thin and even face personality complex almost similar to the obese people.
- ½ cup powdered almond (badam)
- ¼ cup kala til or black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ghee of preparing chikki
- ½ tsp ghee for greasing
- 1/3 cup grated gur or jaggery
Method for almond til chikki
- Take a non-stick pan and roast sesame seeds over a low flame until golden brown.
- Remove the seeds and let them cool.
- Now heat ghee in the pan, add the jaggery or gur and simmer on a slow flame continuously until the jaggery melts and caramelizes.
- Keep on stirring so that the jaggery does not burn out.
- Continue stirring until it forms a hard ball after adding a drop of cold water to it.
- Add the powdered almond and roasted sesame seeds and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool slightly and using moulds of different shapes or cooking cutters to make almond chikki.
- Apply a light layer of ghee to the moulds to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.