There is a lot of tension for mothers when their kids invite their friend at home for an evening get together. This recipe is a perfect solution to this problem. Kids just love banana and bread so why not combine both to give them a tasty, attractive and healthy dish.
- 1½ cups flour, preferably wheat flour.
- 2 tsp of baking powder.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1 cup sugar, brown sugar.
- 3 to 4 banana.
- 5 tbsp coconut oil.
- ½ cup fresh plain yogurt.
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract.
Method of preparation:
- First of all preheat the microwave oven at 350 degrees.
- Take a bowl and add wheat flour to it.
- Now add 2 tsp of baking powder and mix well.
- Now add salt as per your taste.
- Add ½ tsp of cinnamon to the above.
- Finally add 1 cup of brown sugar to the bowl.
- Mix the above dry ingredients well.
- Mash the bananas in the above mixture.
- Do not mash the banana in to a paste. Let some pieces be there so as to give a good taste of it.
- Now take another bowl and add yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Now add the yogurt and vanilla extract paste to the banana mixture.
- Take a baking pan and grease it with butter.
- Pour the above mixture in it and bake it.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- You can add toppings of cherries to it.
• Banana used in the dish is a great source of vitamins c, vitamin B-12, magnesium and especially potassium.
Health benefits of Banana Bread :
- Banana is the key element of the dish and is rich in potassium which helps in maintaining blood pressure.
- Vitamin C in banana lowers the risk of childhood cancer.