What is lemon water? What are the benefits of lemon water?Lemon water is nothing but a mixture of lemon juice in water, which contains in numerous benefits. As we all know lemon is already an excellent and rich source of vitamin C. They are also a rich source of other nutrients like potassium, calcium and a fiber called pectin. They have many antibacterial properties and certain medicinal values. Lemons also contain traces of vitamin A and iron in them. One glass of lemon juice contains 25 calories or less.
Lemon is a fruit which is popularly known for all its therapeutic properties, which helps in maintaining the immune system which results in protecting oneself from the clutches of many types of infections. It is also a blood purifier. “Lemon is also a fantastic anti septic and lemon water is also highly beneficial for people with any kind of heart problems, due to its high content in potassium.”
There are various benefits of lemon water and you can know a few of them by reading further.
Here is a list of benefits of lemon water and how it is a cure for many things.
Benefits of lemon water:
- It is highly beneficial for the immune system as vitamin C in the lemon gives a boost to it. Also, when you are stressed or if you are having stressful days, vitamin C helps you give a calming effect. This is why lemon water is recommended to be taken every day, so as to stress free and at peace.
- Drinking lemon water on a regular basis helps you reduce inflammation. It helps you reduce the acidity which is the cause of many diseases and also helps you keep your uric acid in check which is also a major cause of inflammation.
- Lemons are a great source of refreshment, as they provide a great source of energy when they enter the digestive tract. They also help in curing anxiety and depression, just the scent of the lemon is said to have a calming effect on the nervous system.
[ Also Read : Health benefits of Coconut Water ]
- As lemons are antioxidants, they work great on your skin and make it glowing and radiant. Applying lemon water on the face regularly is said to make the skin free of scars, age spots, wrinkles and any kind of blemishes. Drinking lemon water also purifies blood, which prevents the skin from any breakouts.
- Lemon water is highly known to help in losing weight. As lemons are rich in pectin fiber, they help you fight any hunger cravings. Also lemon water taken with honey is also healthy and known to reduce the weight.
- Gargling with lemon water is known to get rid of any toothaches and gingivitis. As the citric acid can erode the tooth enamel, make sure to either not brush your teeth after having lemon water or brush your teeth just before drinking it. This also helps you give a fresh breath.
- It comes as a surprise to everyone, but drinking hot lemon water helps you cut down on caffeine, which means no more morning coffee required. You can just drink a glass of hot lemon water and stay refreshed all day. It also helps you
- Not only just warm lemon water help cure sore throats and cough, it also helps you get rid of any type of viral infections in the respiratory system. Also lemon water boosting your immune system, it fights off all the infections easily.
- Lemon water not only helps get rid of some weight, but also boosts a healthy digestion by removing all the toxins from the digestive tract. It also is a cure for symptoms of indigestion like burping, bloating and heartburn.
- As lemons are a rich source of potassium, the intake of lemon water is very beneficial for the heart, nerve functions and the brain.