Beetroot is the taproot part of the plant and is native to North America. You can find wide varieties of beet root that are known by different names such as golden beet, garden beet, table beet, red beet and so on. Beetroot is used to extract juices, as a salad and also for extracting food color and as a healing plant. Many products such as the sugar beet are produced from beetroot.
- 1 beetroot (smaller one as it is sweeter)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- Wash the carrots, celery stalk and beetroot with water.
- Remove the top of the beetroot and the carrots and peel the skin with peeler.
- Cut the vegetables in small pieces and blend in the juicer until smooth.
- Strain and serve chilled.
Note: If you want to make the juice sweeter, add 1 or 2 apples in place of the carrots.
- Beetroot juice is rich in vitamin C.
- It also contains several minerals such as manganese, folate, iron, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, potassium and good amount of dietary fiber.
Beetroot juice is immensely beneficial to the body. The juice is known to possess the ability to:
- Improve circulation
- Lower blood pressure
- Build and clean the blood
- Calm the nerves
- Fights cancer
- Cure anemia
- Improves menstrual problems
- Clean the intestines
Note: According to a recent study conducted at the Exeter University, England, UK, daily consumption of beetroot juice has been found to improve the endurance of the athletes.