Finding a healthy and well-balanced meal is hard, especially if you love fast foods. Sometimes your busy day calls for a grab-n-go meal. During these times, you tend to look for fast foods as an alternative time saving meal option.
Here are some healthy fast food recipes:
1.Omelet Pancake With Tomato And Pepper Sauce(serves 2)
These healthy low carb and gluten free pancakes can become your favorite mid-day meal.
- 4 eggs
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil, a little extra for pancakes
- 1 thin pepper, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- A little cider vinegar
- To prepare the sauce, heat oil in a large frying pan
- Fry the sliced pepper and garlic for 5mins until they turn soft
- Add the cider vinegar and allow it to sizzle away
- Add the tomatoes and some water. Cover it with lid and leave it to simmer for 10-15mins until the peppers are tender and the sauce is thick.
- Meanwhile, make the pancakes. Beat an egg with 1 tsp water and seasoning
- Heat a nonstick pan with little oil.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for 1-2mins until it sets into a thin pancake.
- Lift it onto a plate, cover with foil and repeat with the other eggs.
- Roll up onto plates, add the sauce and scatter the basil.
- Serve with bread or a salad on the side.
2.Spicy Cauliflower Pilav (serves 2)
This healthy, Indian-inspired dish is made from cauliflower instead of rice. It can make a quick and gluten-free side dish to your meal.
- 225g of cauliflower florets (without stalk)
- 3 cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Few curry leaves
- Put the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse to make grains the size of rice.
- Place it in a microwave bowl, add cloves, cinnamon stick, and turmeric, and curry leaves.
- Mix well, cover with cling film, pierce and microwave on High for 3mins.
- Fluff up with a fork and serve.
3.Smoky Beans On Toast (serves 1)
Forget those ready-to-eat cans of baked beans. This homemade version is faster and healthy fast food recipe which is healthier.
- ½ tbsp. olive oil, extra for dressing
- ½ small onion, sliced
- ½ small pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 250g of chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 200g of butter beans or chickpeas drained
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 slice of bread
- Few parsley strings, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a small pan, add the onion and pepper and fry gently until soft for about 10-15mins.
- Crush half the garlic and add this to the pan, along with tomatoes, paprika, vinegar, beans, sugar and some seasoning.
- Bring it to a simmer and cook for 10-15mins or until slightly thickened.
- Toast the bread, rub with the remaining garlic and sprinkle a little oil.
- Spoon the beans on the toast, sprinkle a little more oil and scatter over the parsley.
4.Healthy Salmon Burger (serves 4)
If you want to have something healthy fast food recipe that is lighter than potato fishcakes, then try these easy oriental style burgers
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, cut into chunks
- 2tbsp Thai red curry paste
- Small piece of root ginger, grated
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- A bunch of coriander, chopped
For the salad-
- 2 carrots
- 1 small cucumber
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp golden caster sugar
- Place salmon in a food processor with the paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander. Pulse until roughly minced.
- Take the mix and shape into 4 burgers.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the burgers for 4-5mins on each side, turning until crisp and cooked.
- Meanwhile, peel strips of carrot and cucumber into a bowl.
- Mix well with vinegar and sugar until the sugar is dissolved, and add the coriander leaves.
- Divide the salad between 4 plates. Serve with the burgers and rice
5.Double Chocolate Malted Milkshake (serves 2)
Milkshakes are something you can have at any time of the day. Add some malt powder to your milkshake and double up its taste.
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3tbsp chocolate syrup
- 3tbsp malted milk powder
- In a blender, add the 4 scoops of ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup, and malt powder and some ice cubes and blend well until the froth appears on the top
- Pour into 2 tall glasses and serve chilled
6.Chicken tenders (serves 4)
Chicken tenders might look harmless, but if you deep-fry them, it adds up all the calories. Baking them will reduce the guilt.follow this healthy fast food recipe for your health.
- ¾cup panko
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 egg white
- 1tsp Chinese five spice powder
- ½tsp salt
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½cup ketchup
- 1½cup cider vinegar
- 1½cup Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a skillet, add breadcrumbs and sesame seeds and toast them over high heat until golden, stirring frequently.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a plate.
- In a bowl, beat the egg white, Â½tsp five-spice powder, and salt until foamy. Dip tenders in the egg-white mixture and then in crumb mixture to coat
- Place tenders on a cookie sheet and bake it for 15mins. The chicken should lose its entire pink color. Do not turn tenders over.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook for until soft and lightly browned.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Add ketchup, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and the remaining five-spice powder to the onions and stir.
- Pour sauce into a small bowl to serve with tenders.
7.Chicken Quesadilla (serves 4)
Chicken quesadilla is one of the most famous Mexican healthy fast food recipes that is loaded with calories. Add avocado to this and make it heart healthy.
- 1 green onion
- 1 lime
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts thinly sliced.
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 burrito-size low-fat flour tortillas
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ avocado
- 3/2 cup salsa
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium. Add green onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, from lime, grate 1tsp peel and squeeze 2 tbsp juice.
- Season chicken evenly on both the sides with lime peel, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Add chicken to green onion in skillet; cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer this to a bowl and stir in lime juice.
- Evenly divide chicken mixture and cheese on half of each tortilla and fold over to make 4 quesadillas.
- In the same skillet, cook quesadillas on medium in 2 batches, until browned on both sides.
- Cut each quesadilla into thirds.
- Stir avocado into salsa,serve with quesadillas.
Follow above healthy fast food recipes for your health and balanced life.
"we would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on this article"