Dal paratha is an extremely popular dish in the Rajasthan, mostly eaten during breakfast. It is said that its origin is from the city of Jodhpur.dal paratha is a healthy and nutritious dish that is easy to be made at home with all the groceries that are already present in the kitchen, in most Indian homes.
Dal paratha is a homely recipe, perfectly cooked at the comfort of the home, daal paratha is a staple food dish that can be healthy, wholesome and fulfilling. The process of sauteing the daal leaves a very aromatic taste in the parathas.
Make sure to cool down the daal mixture completely before filling and rolling it out in the parathas. Serve with fresh raita or yoghurt, pickles or freshly chopped veggies' kachumbar.
Nutrition per serving:
||Vitamin A 3 %
Preparation timings: 30 mins (including soaking 1hr)
Serves: Makes for 8 servings
Ingredients for Dal Paratha Recipe :
For the Paratha:
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour (Gehun ka aata)
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste (1 tsp)
For the filling:
1/2 cup moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 1/2 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp hing (asafoetida)
- 1/2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Ghee (as required)
How to Make Dal Paratha Recipe
For the Dough:
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix all of them well and knead the dough using water until soft and fluffy. Keep it aside.
For the filling:
First clean and wash moong dal. Soak it in enough water in a large bowl for about 15 minutes.
- Next, drain the water off the dal and start with mixing the moong dal with ¾ cup of water in a large pan and keep mixing well.
- Cover top with a lid and keep on cooking on a medium flame for about 10 minutes or until the excess water has evaporated. Keep stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Now, heat oil in another pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds begin to crackle, adding, the cooked dal, salt, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and chilli powder and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Allow this mixture to cool completely.
- Divide it into 8 equal parts.
How to make the Parathas ?
Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a big round shape sprinkling a bit of wheat flour for rolling out.
- Put a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal it tight.
- Roll again into a bigger circle using a little bit of wheat flour for rolling out the dough.
- Now, heat a non-stick pan with some ghee or oil and cook the paratha till it turns golden brown on both the sides.
- Repeat the same for all the parathas.
Serve hot, it tastes best when it is served hot along with accompaniments such as Mint Raita (yoghurt with spices & mint), achaar (pickles), Kachumbar and so on.
"Your comment is valuable here"
Leave Your Comment