Oats idli recipe is a healthy food which can be served in the breakfast or as an evening snack. It can also be a first food for the kids and toddlers. People who do not like oats and do not include it in the diet can have it this way. It is delicious and at the same time very healthy optional for the breakfast too.
Nutrition per serving:
Preparation timings: 45 minutes Serves: 15 to 16 idlis
Ingredients for Oats idli recipeÂ :
- 1 cup oats
- Â½ cup soji or rava
- Â½ cup fresh or sour curd
- 1 cup water or as required
- Â½ tsp baking soda
- 1 medium sized carrot â€“ grated
- 3 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Â½ tbsp oil
- Â½ tsp mustard seeds
- Â½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal/ Bengal gram
- A pinch of asafetida/ hing
- Â½ tsp black pepper(crushed)
- 1 or 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp curry leaves finely chopped
- 8-1o cashew nuts
Method for Oats Idli Recipe:
- Blend or grind the oats to fine flour using a grinder.
- Peel the carrot and grate it. Chop the coriander leaves, curry leaves, ginger and green chilies.
- Take a pan and heat Â½ tsp of oil. Keep the flame low. Add the chana dal, mustard seeds, and sautÃ© them until they are golden brown. Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger, pinch of asafetida, and cashew nuts. SautÃ© for a minute.
- Now add soji/rava into it and sautÃ© for a minute or two. Add the oats flour to it then. Keep stirring as it might become clots. Then transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down.
- Then add the grated carrot, coriander leaves, curds, and water and mix it well. Let it sit for some time.
- Meanwhile grease the idli mould with ghee or oil. Pour water and let it boil in the idli steamer.
- Now add salt and baking soda to the batter and mix it well so that the texture turns fluffy. Fill up the idli moulds with the batter and place it in the steamer. Cover it and let it steam for at least 10.15 minutes. You can check by pricking a knife or a toothpick in the center of the idli. If it comes out clean then it is cooked. If it does not then the idli needs to be cooked for some more time.
- Once done turn of the steamer and let it stand for some time. You can then unmold the idlis by using a spoon dipped in water.
- You can serve them with hot sambar and chutney.
- Delicious Oats idli is ready to eat!
"Your comment is valuable here"