According to recent research, 100 million Indians have estimated to be affected by diabetes by 2030.
Do you know? In India, most of the people are suffering from Diabetes, and the pre-diabetic stage is unaware of their health situation.
Medical industry research claims, if the pre-diabetic is treated at the early stage, it can be controlled and cured for a life-time.
Proved theories by multiple doctors and physicians suggest following a perfect diet plan to cure or control the pre-diabetes.
Here are a few major points and the Indian Diet Chart For Diabetic Patient which helps to improvise your knowledge on diabetes and helps to follow a proper plan to cure or control it.
1.Include pulses & legumes, green vegetables other vegs & leafy vegs in moderate to liberal amounts
(2-3 servings per day)
2.Include complex carbs like wholegrain & whole grain products, oats, broken wheat or daliya, millets like jowar (sorghum), bajra, etc. in moderate to liberal amounts in the daily diet
(4-5 servings per day)
3.Include low-fat milk and low-fat milk products like curd, cottage cheese, buttermilk, etc. in moderate amounts
(2-3 servings per day)
If non-vegetarian then you can take lean chicken, fatty fish like
salmon, tuna, mackerel, rohu, egg whites, etc. in moderate amounts
(1-2 servings per day)
4.Try to include fruits low in GI (Glycemic index) such as apples, ripe papaya, guava, kiwi fruits, berries like black berries, Indian gooseberry, pomegranate, etc.
(2 servings per day)
5.Try to add on healthy fats rich in PUFA and MUFA containing omega- 3 fatty acids which are present in green vegs, leafy vegs, nuts, and seeds (chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds)
fatty fish like salmon, tuna, halibut, etc., all citrus fruits.
6.Eat veg salads, fruits/fruit salads, clear veg/non-veg soups/both veg and non-veg stews, in cooking oils - olive oil, rice bran oil, soybean oils, etc. in desirable amounts.
7.Try to emphasize portion size control of each meal rather than calorie counting.
8.Water intake should be about 2.5 to 4 liters in a whole day.
9. Regular physical exercises like brisk walking, jogging, running, cycling, aerobic exercises, etc.
should be done for a minimum of 45 mins and a max of 1hour daily.
10.Cycling is the best solution to reverse Type 2 Diabetes Symptoms
11.Try to have early dinner and early sleep-in night try to go for a minimum of 6-7 hours of a sound sleep at night time.
12. Try to do yoga or meditation for a minimum of 25 mins for reducing Stress and Anxiety.
13. Salt intake should be around 5 grams per day. If having hypertension, then it should be approx. 1gram per day.
Foods to avoid for diabetes
Try to avoid simple carbs such as white rice, white sugar, Maida & maida prepared all refined food products, all fully refined cooking oils,
Fruits rich in High Glycemic Index such as mangoes, bananas, Jack fruits, chikoos, custard apples, etc.
14. Avoid the use of mustard oil in excess amount, the small amount you can use approx.
150 ml in a day if sometimes using.
15. Try to avoid all salty highly processed or packaged foods.
16. Try to avoid the use of extra table salt besides cooking.
17. Avoid the use of white sugar and all highly sugary foods.
18. Try to avoid non-veg items egg yolk, red meat, shrimps, crabs, salty seafood, etc., if non-vegetarian.
19. Try to avoid skipping prime meals like breakfast, mid-morning snacks, lunch, evening snacks & dinner.
20. Try to avoid making long hours of diet gaps because it ultimately spikes up blood sugar level as well as not good for hypertension issue.
21. Try to avoid late-night dinner as well as late-night sleep.
22. Stay stress-free.
23. Avoid fewer amounts of water intake.
24.Try to avoid having fast foods, empty-calorie foods like cakes, pastries, all deep-fried foods, burgers, chips, cold drinks, highly sugary fruit juices, etc.
25.Go for regular Health Checkups, because to manage diabetes easily regular checkups are important. These days Diabetes Tests are cheaper than before, select from here diabetes tests starting with just Rs.100
This Indian Diet Chart For Diabetic Patient is given a clear idea about what to eat and avoid? , Every Diabetic Person needs a Personalized Custom Diabetes Diet Plan to manage Diabetes perfectly.
Write Your Doubts on this Diet Plan - Ask our Dietitian for Free Advice
Whats App: +91 7989927156