This recipe is quite old but still it is classic and healthy. Quinoa is used in place of bread to avoid calories. If you want a sweeter taste, then just go for the yellow, orange or red peppers and avoid the green ones. This dish is good for the people suffering from arthritis.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked.
- 3 cups of water.
- Salt as per taste.
- 1 pound turkey sausage, fully cooked
- ½ cup olive oil.
- 1 cup chicken, chopped.
- ½ cup of (extra virgin) olive oil.
- 3 tbsp pecans chopped and toasted.
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped.
- 2 tbsp of fresh rosemary, chopped.
- 4 bell peppers.
Method of Preparation:
- Take a large saucepan and heat it.
- Add water to it.
- Then add quinoa to the water.
- Boil the above on high heat.
- Once the mixture comes to boil lower the heat and cover the pan.
- Cook the above for about 15 minutes till the water is totally absorbed.
- Remove the cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Now add sausage and chicken to the above.
- Further add pecans, olive oil and salt.
- Mix them all well.
- Next step is to cut the peppers in to half.
- Remove the membranes and seeds of the peppers.
- Now cook the peppers in water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water.
- Stuff the cooked pepper with the mixture prepared before.
- Preheat the microwave at 350 degrees.
- Put the stuffed peppers in a greased baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Bell peppers have beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Virgin olive oil contains polyphenols.
- Turkey contains selenium.
Health Benefit of Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers:
• The above dish contains bell pepper that is rich in carotenoids and beta carotene which helps arthritis patients to reduce inflammation symptoms.