Methi is fenugreek in Hindi. Methi is good source of protein, magnesium, copper manganese.It helps to keep blood sugar in control as well as helps in getting rid of constipation. It is usually made for breakfast.
Parathas are usually loved by everyone and specially children for tiffin as well as a snack. The method of making methi paratha is similar to any other paratha. It is prepared by mixing methi with wheat flour.
Nutrition per serving:
Preparation timings: 10 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
Serving size for 55g and based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Whole wheat flour or atta-2 cups
- Fenugreek leaves or methi- 1 cup
- Green chillies-2 or 3 finely chopped
- Garlic cloves-6 to 7 finely chopped
- Oil-3 tsp
- Water for kneading-as required
- Salt-as required
- Oil or ghee-as required for roasting
Method for Methi paratha:
- Firstly methi leaves should be rinsed well with water. Then chop it finely and and keep it aside.
- Secondly in a bowl add wheat flour and salt.
- Then add finely chopped methi leaves to this, and then add chopped green chillies, finely chopped garlic and 2 or 3 tsp oil.
- Add water to this mixture as much as required. Adding curd during kneading the dough enhances nutrition and also removes the bitter taste of methi leaves.
- Then start mixing the mixture and knead this.
- Then knead this mixture to smooth dough. If water is required add to this. You can also add wheat flour if the dough feels sticky.
- Of this dough mixture make medium sized balls.
- Dust this medium sized dough balls with some flour or atta and start rolling it on the rolling board.
- Roll it into medium size roti's in round shape. Heat the tawa and when it gets heated place the rolled dough on it.
- When one of the sides is little cooked flip it to the other side. Spread oil or ghee as choice on this side.
- Flip it again and when you see some brown spots on paratha apply oil or ghee on this side as well.
- Flip a couple of times till the paratha is evenly cooked and has golden color spots. Finally press the paratha edges with any spatula so that they get cooked well.
- Kids love the different shapes of paratha and mostly the triangle layered. For making layered paratha spread oil on the roti and fold it half. Spread oil again and again fold it to half. Fold it again to a triangle shape. Roll this to make a thick layered paratha. Finally toast on hot tawa.Do not overcook them as they turn hard.
- Serve hot methi paratha with any pickle you like or curd or butter also. You can store them in a casserole and serve it warm later.
Thanks for reading this article share your comments on this Post