Rava Uttapam is a quick and easy snack made up of Semolina (Sooji) or rava. It is simple, quick, easy and yet healthy breakfast recipe. This instant rava uttapam recipe is one of the best way to enjoy your most important meal of the day and get going your day in just less than 30 minutes. This is also known as the bachelor's recipe. It tastes mild crispy from the edges and soft fluffy inside.
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Total Time : 45 minutes
Serves : 1 to 2
Ingredients: (Measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250ml)
½ cup fine variety of rava (Semolina), 100grams approx.
- ½ cup of water.
- 3 tsp. lemon juice.
- ¼ tsp. baking soda or ½ tsp. fruit salt (Eno).
- Salt as per the taste.
- Oil or ghee for greasing the pan and for drizzling.
- 1 small onion, chopped or 5 to 6 pearl onions, thinly sliced.
- 1 small tomato finely chopped.
- 1 green chili finely chopped.
- 1 carrot shredded or finely chopped.
Method for Rava Uttapam:
- Mix the measured rava (Semolina) and water in a big bowl.
- Keep the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile when the batter is at rest, you can slice or chop the onions, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Mix the chopped veggies and keep it aside.
- After 30 minutes stir the batter again. Add water if the batter is too tight and bring it to the desired consistency.
- Then add 3 tsp. lemon juice, salt, and ¼ tsp. baking soda or ½ tsp. fruit salt (Eno).
- Stir and mix well.
- Heat a tawa or griddle and spread some oil or ghee. Nonstick pan can also be used.
- Pour the batter on the tawa and spread it gently. Don't spread it too much, it will make the uttapam very thin.
- When the batter is still raw from the top, add onion tomatoes, green chilies and shredded carrot mix. Gently press with the spatula, so that they stick to the batter.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee on the sides and top of the uttapam.
- When the base is cooked and lightly brown, flip the uttapam gently.
- Cook till the onions and tomatoes are light golden or golden.
- Flip and serve hot. Can be flipped a couple of times for the even cooking of the uttapam.
- For making plain rava uttapam, cook the uttapam without any topping.
- Serve rava uttapam with coconut chutney, coriander chutney, or south Indian idli podi.
- Rava uttapam also go well with tomato ketchup.
Love this article?Share it with your friends