Nowadays due to different types of changes in both the external environment and internal body structure every human is surrounded by many diseases irrespective of age, gender, country, etc. in kidneys are the most commonly affected disease all over the world and there are many signs your kidneys are not working properly in which few are listed below.
Kidneys are the main part of the body that filters blood, purifies and removes different wastes, toxins and other harmful components of the body and releases out. Two kidneys in the body are in the size of the fist. Every day kidney purifies 120-150 quarts of blood. Kidney also regulates potassium, pH, and salt levels in the body.
Main Functionalities Of Kidneys
- The kidney plays an important role in the healthy functioning of the body system.
- Kidneys can filter waste products and other impurities from the blood.
- Kidneys will purify blood and send it to other body parts.
- All the impurities and wastes filtered by the kidneys are sent to the bladder and excreted using the urinary.
- The kidney plays a crucial role in the control of red blood cells.
- The kidney produces enough hormones to handle blood pressure.
Types of Kidney Diseases
Different types of kidney diseases are caused due to different body system problems. Below are the types and kidney diseases and their signs your kidneys are not working properly.
- Kidney stones: These are caused when the minerals and other substances in the blood form into a solid stone-like structure.
- Chronic Kidney Disease: This is a long-term condition and is caused due to high blood pressure.
- Glomerulonephritis: These can be caused due to infection, drugs, and abnormalities. It is the inflammation of the glomeruli which are blood filter present in the body.
- Polycystic Kidney Disease: It is a genetic disorder that forms a fluid-like structure in the kidney which leads to kidney failure.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI): These infections are caused due to bacterial infections in any part of the urinary system. The most common infections are bladder and urethra.
Kidney diseases are seen majorly in adults and older age people. There are various causes of kidney damage. Here, in this article, we are discussing the top 10 signs your kidneys are not working properly.
Risk Factors Causing Kidney Diseases
Here are a few lists of risk factors that generally lead to kidney diseases.
- High blood pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Lung cancer or infection
- Other Cancers
- Ancestry of kidney diseases
- Heart Diseases.
9 Symptoms and warning signs your kidneys
- Swollen: Kidneys stop removing extra fluid from the body when they stop working properly. This will lead to swelling in feet, ankles, face, hands, and other body parts.
- Sleeping Problems: Kidneys stop filtering properly once it is affected. This will make toxins stay in the blood and doesn't leave through urine. This will lead to sleeping disorders and increase sleeping problems.
- Skin Infections: Skin diseases like itching, skin allergy, skin dries, and other skin problems are the main symptoms of kidney diseases as they are due to the toxins, uric acid, and other waste components released into the blood because of kidney functionality damage.
- Metallic taste: When kidneys don't remove toxins and other waste acids from the body, they cause a metallic taste in the mouth and also increase bad breath which leads to different internal body diseases along with kidney disease.
- Urinal Changes: Kidneys mainly function to purify blood and other acidic minerals from the body and excret it through urine. Initially, kidney disease signs are seen in urinal changes such as blood in urine, urine appearing foamy or with bubbles, and urination more often.
- Vomiting: When the toxins and other wastes are present in the system a person feels nausea and wants to vomit. Continuous vomiting and nausea can be observed.
- Tiredness throughout the day: Disease in kidney functioning will affect the internal system which leads increase in tiredness, decreased concentration, very little energy, and inability to be active for a while.
- Anemia: Red blood cell production in the body system changes due to kidney filtering problems. The decrease in the red blood cells can be seen rapidly once the kidney function damages and this will lead to Anemia.
- Eye Puffiness: Kidney filter damage will remove proteins from the body and the decrease in proteins will increase persistent puffiness around the eyes all the time.
Diagnosis of Kidney Disease:
Kidney diseases can be diagnosed and here are a few types of diagnosis. Many doctors prefer these diagnosis test types after identifying the disease type.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)
- Ultrasound or Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Kidney Biopsy
- Urine Test
- Blood Creatinine Test
To avoid these signs your kidneys are not working properly every individual and disease-affected person should take care of their health do regular exercise and handle their health with the utmost care.
A good healthy food diet, yoga exercise, and other healthy habits should be opted for.
It is totally in our hands to handle and take care of our health to lead a healthier life.
There are many signs your kidneys are not working properly one should concentrate and try to prevent themselves from those situations and should work out accordingly depending upon the disease and symptoms. Be Healthier! Stay Happier! Work Harder!
"your comments are welcome"