If you are looking for a natural way to exfoliate your skin, homemade sugar scrub is the right option. The benefits of homemade sugar scrub are immense. Not only you are aware of the quality of the ingredients, it also is equally effective just as any commercial exfoliating product.
Why Use A Sugar Scrub and benefits of homemade sugar scrub
Sugar finds a special place in the natural beauty regimen. It mostly finds its usage as a natural sweetener. Despite that, sugar offers huge benefits when used in combination with other natural ingredients such oil, lemon and more.
A homemade sugar scrub improves the texture of the skin as it gently exfoliates the upper layer of the dead epidermis.One of the benefits of homemade sugar scrub is that it clears the clogged pores without harming the natural softness of the skin.
Sugar is a good moisturizing agent when used in combination with other lubricants such as olive or coconut oil. Hence, you can easily use it on a dry as well as an oily skin by manipulating the amount of oil you put in the exfoliating scrub.
A homemade sugar scrub is safe even for children and teenagers who suffer from sensitive skin due to rampant hormones.
It is the best way to soothe chapped lips in kids instead of the harmful chemicals that the young children have a tendency to lick away.
How Do Sugar Scrub Improve Skin's Health?
Benefits of homemade sugar scrub include anti-aging and deep cleansing properties. Despite applying ultraviolet sunscreen of adequate SPF, the skin becomes dull due to wear and tear of the skin cells. It leads to the development of aging signs such as fine lines and uneven tone of the skin.
When you use a homemade sugar scrub, it massages the skin gently and removes the dead cells from the damaged skin.
Simultaneously the gentle massage improves blood circulation and gives the skin a natural glow. It also promotes the production of collagen thereby increasing the skin cell regeneration process preventing signs of aging.
When Should You Homemade Sugar Scrub?
As per the advice of dermatologists, you must exfoliate your skin at least once in a week. As you age, the skin tends to lose moisture and becomes dry. Hence, with aging, your skin needs exfoliation treatment at least three times a week. Also, you should use the homemade sugar scrub all over the body and not only on the face to get an overall cleansing effect.
How To Make Homemade Sugar Scrub?
One of the benefits of homemade sugar scrub is that it does not require too many ingredients. Its basic ingredients include only brown or white sugar and olive oil or coconut oil.
- 1 Cup Brown or White Sugar
- 1 Cup Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 glass or porcelain bowl
- 1 glass jar for storage
- Take a glass or porcelain bowl and mix brown or white sugar with olive or coconut oil in the given quantity.
- Mix well with the spoon.
- Transfer it into the jar and use it regularly.
- The shelf life of this scrub varies depending upon the surrounding humidity.
- Just keep a watch and when the oil becomes rancid, prepare a fresh scrub.
Flavored Homemade Sugar Scrub
The above is very basic recipe. You can increase the therapeutic, aromatic or cleansing properties of the scrub by adding different ingredients.
- For soothing and aromatic experience, add few drops of Lavender essential oil.
- Add mint, sandalwood, rose, or lemon essential oils to increase the scented and therapeutic effect of the sugar scrub.
- You can prepare instant bleach and exfoliating scrub by adding few lemon drops to the above basic recipe. However, make sure that you add lemon juice only when you are applying.
How To Apply?
Homemade sugar scrub works best when your skin is wet. Hence, the best way is to apply it just before you go into the shower.
- Simply wet your hands, legs, and face and apply the required amount of scrub over the skin.
- Scrub gently in circular motions without being too harsh.
- Leave it on for five to seven minutes and then wash off with your regular mild soap.
Note: Never rub the scrub too harshly or it can hurt your skin. Make sure you use it very gently near sensitive areas, especially near eyes and other body parts.
So, there are immense benefits of homemade sugar scrub. You can try it any time, any day. So from now you will never have to spend a huge amount on exfoliating creams, packs and salon scrubs to keep your skin glowing and fresh.
"we would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on this article"