A breast ultrasound uses sound waves to make a picture of the tissues inside the breast. A bosom ultrasound can demonstrate all regions of the breast, including the zone closest to the midsection divider, which is difficult to study with a mammogram. Breast ultrasound does not utilize X-rays or other possibly hurtful sorts of radiation.
A breast ultrasound may be carried out to:
- Find the reason for breast symptoms, for example, pain, swelling, and redness.
- Check a breast knot found on bosom examination toward oneself or physical examination. It is utilized to see whether a bosom irregularity is liquid filled (a growth) or on the off chance that it is a robust knot. A knot that has no liquid or that has liquid with gliding particles may require more tests.
- Check abnormal results from a mammogram.
- Look at the breasts in more youthful ladies in light of the fact that their breast tissue is regularly thicker, and a mammogram may not indicate as much detail.
- Guide the situation of a needle or other tube to empty an accumulation of liquid (cyst) or discharge (abscess), take a specimen of breast tissue (biopsy), or aide bosom surgery
- Watch for changes in the measure of a growth or a noncancerous knot (fibroadenoma).
- See how far cancer has spread in a breast.
- Check your breasts in the event that you have silicone breast inserts or thick breasts. In these circumstances, a mammogram will be unable to see breast lumps.
"We welcome your comments on this Post"