Bleeding Disorders in Children is seen as increasing diseases all over the globe. This article gives you the detailed description of it. We all know the importance of blood in our life. Blood is the main fluid which flows throughout different parts of the body. Blood will take away carbon dioxide and other waste materials from the body and helps in increase of a good number of nutrients, vitamins, proteins and other necessary minerals into a body. It helps in the flow of oxygen to the tissues.
Bleeding is commonly seen in children as they are growing up which are generally because of injuries and some have this bleeding because of trauma. Non-Accidental Injuries (NAI) or bleeding disorders in children effects their health and may also become the threat to life.
Bleeding Disorders in Children is known as "Pediatric Hemostasis". A bleeding disorder is identified from the age of infants.Â Hemostasis helps in identifying the abnormalities in the children and facilitates in the effective diagnosis. Hemostasis is derived from the name Hematology which is a scientific study done on blood and blood tissues. A hematologist is a specialist doctor who specialized in blood disorders.
Here we will discuss diagnosis, treatment of Bleeding Disorders in Children :
There are many types of Bleeding Disorders in Children which should be cured by the physician or other experienced doctors. A Blood disorder majorly affects three major components of the body they are as follows.
- Effect on Red Blood Cells
- Effect on White Blood Cells
- Plasma Components
Blood disorder effects on Red Blood Cells:
Red blood cells will carry oxygen to the body tissues. All these disorders can be cured through proper medication under doctors guidance, blood transfusion if necessary and continuous treatment.
- Anemia in children: It causes because of less number of red blood cells in the body. Though this is regularly seen ibymany people. Excess anemia causes below symptoms. Symptoms such as pale skin, fatigue, breathing problems, etc.
- Aplastic anemia: It causes because of less number of red blood cells production in the bone marrow. Sometimes it may lead to bone marrow transplantation. Symptoms may include viral infection, drug side effects.
- Iron deficiency anemia: Less content of Iron in the body leads to iron deficiency anemia. To rectify this deficiency one need to intake iron pills and some may need the blood transfusion.
- Megaloblastic (pernicious) anemia: This anemia is the result of not containing enough vitamin B12 in the body. If this becomes severe, it may also lead to nerve damage.
- Autoimmune hemolytic anemia: This deficiency is caused due to a destruction of an immune system in the body which leads to reducing the number of red blood cells.
Blood disorder effects on White Blood Cells:
White Blood Cells will help in fighting with the infection forms within the body. All these disorders can be treated or cured through chemotherapy and under proper medication. Doctors consultation is the must and should before taking any step forward.
- Lymphoma: This a form of blood cancer forms in the lymph system. This will grow white blood cells rapidly and damages body system.
- Leukemia: This is a type of blood cancer which helps in multiplying the growth of white blood cells in the bone marrow. This may occur severely with rapid fast or may process slowly.
- Myelodysplastic syndrome: It is a family of blood cancer which grows slowly and effects are very high as it can risk people's life.
- Multiple myeloma: White blood cells contains plasma compound. This compound will release body damaging substances into the blood which leads to organ damage.
Blood disorder effects on Platelets:
Platelets help to the blood clot in the body. Platelets play very crucial role in the functioning of flow of the blood in the body. If the platelet counts decreases the body functionality stops working properly which leads to a death of the person.
- Thrombocytopenia: This is seen when there is the very low number of platelets present in the body and hurdles the functionality of the body.
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: This is also caused because of reducing in the number of platelets and damages the body system.
- Heparin -induced thrombocytopenia: This is caused because of the reaction of heparin which is a blood thinner which also helps in removal of blood clots from the different parts of the body.
- Essential thrombocytosis / primary thrombocythemia: Body grows a wide number of platelets because of unknown cause their proper functionality doesn't work which results in excessive bleeding and clotting of the blood.
Blood disorder effects on Plasma components:
Blood disorder which effects liquid portion of blood is known as Plasma Components.
- Sepsis: An infection which spreads over all body caused somewhere at a point in the body causes this disorder.
- Hemophilia: The deficiency of proteins which are genetic in nature causes hemophilia disorder. It may become a life threat if it increases.
- von Willebrand disease: This is because of the production of protein in the quantity of either too less or too more. Any of the cases cause a disorder.
- Deep venous thrombosis: A blood clot in deep vein usually in leg causes this disorder which may spread from heart to lungs.
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC): This is a condition which causes the blood clot and bleeds throughout the body. It creates complications in pregnancy.
To overcome these disorders whether in infants or adults one must first consult the doctor, take a proper medication and also they should follow healthy food diet with regular checkups. Don't forget exercises like yoga, meditation and others will surely help in getting rid of these Bleeding Disorders in Children or any other diseases naturally.
For healthy food diet and other exercise tips kindly check our other article.
"We welcome your comments on this Post"