Frigidity is a condition in women in which they are unable to sustain or even achieve the sexual arousal. You might not be able to have or feel enough arousal, orgasm or sexual desire. It is also known as hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
Signs and Symptoms of Frigidity
This is a common problem with several women and can lead to other issues like stressful relationship. Understanding the causes for the frigidity can help you in overcoming the same in the long run.
- If you are uncomfortable in the bed with your partner and sex causes you any kind of pain or discomfort, talk it out with your partner before things turn to worst.
- Psychiatric counseling can help in getting over with this problem.
- There are several emotions and behaviors that are involved with sex and thus the causes behind it can also range from lifestyle to physical, mental to medical reasons.
- One of the major causes of this issue is mostly emotional, like repulsion from sex, communication issues with partner, situational factors etc.
- Physical causes of it include vaginal dryness, post or pre menstrual syndrome, low sexual performance by partner, insomnia etc.
- Medical causes behind frigidity can include consumption of certain drugs like anti depressants, birth control pills etc.
- Menopause is also a major cause for it as the hormonal secretion inside the body changes causing major emotional and physical upheaval, which can lead to frigidity. Talking to a psychiatrist can be of good help in this regard.
"We welcome your comments on this Post"