Oiling hair is immensely good for the health of the hair, especially when you use hot oil. Use of hot oil treatment for hair ensures that the oil penetrates the pores in the scalp, provide adequate moisture to your hair, and restore its natural moisture balance.
Every day your hair goes through a lot of wear and tear and has to face an onslaught of several external elements such as pollution, smog, smoke, and heat. Hot oil treatments keep your scalp moisturized and add more shine and body to them.
You should opt for this treatment at least once in four to five weeks to ensure that your hair remains in good health.
Here is a guide on how you can gather the right type of oils to make your hot oil treatment more beneficial.
Oils you will need include:
- 1 cup Unrefined or Virgin Coconut oil
2 tbsp each of:
- Avocado oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Safflower Oil
- Almond Oil
- Jojoba Oil
How to do hot oil treatment for hair :
- Combine all these oils and heat for around two minutes in a microwave using microwave safe container.
- Pour these melted oils into an applicator bottle to make application on hair easier.
- First, test the oil on your finger to check whether it is warm enough to be applied on the scalp.
- Saturate your scalp with water and then apply oil all over the scalp and on the hair strands.
- Use your fingers to evenly spread the oil from the scalp to the hair tips.
- Cover the hair with a plastic cap for around 20 minutes.
- You can use a steamer or hooded dryer to enhance the impact of hot oil treatment.
You can include other oils that you have been using regularly for strengthening your hair, but the above combination works the best.
"We welcome your comments on this post"