Sabudana known as Pearl Tapioca is an Indian dish. It is made on special occasions by Indians during the times of their fasting. Sabudana Khichdi recipe has an important place in its dish during festivals like Navratri and Shivratri or at similar Hindu occasions where people generally observe fast on these days. Sabudana khichdi is eaten in different areas all over India. In many North Indian regions, sabudana khichdi is considered as a regular breakfast. Through this article, you will know How to make healthy sabudana khichdi, health benefits and much more.
Time Duration for Preparation of Sabudana Khichdi:
- Preparation Time: 15-20 Min
- Cooking Time: 15-20 Min
How to make Healthy Sabudana Khichdi?
Here is the Recipe on How to make healthy sabudana khichdi recipe which can be prepared easily with minimal ingredients.
Ingredients for Sabudana Khichdi Recipe :
- Sago /Sabudana /Saggu Beeyam - 1 ½ cup
- Peanuts ¼ Cup
- Green Chilies - 5-7 (depends on spice)
- Potato - 1 or 2 Medium Size
- Ghee 2-3 tablespoons
- Curry Leaves 6-8 springs
- Salt - As per taste
- Cumin seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander leaves 5-6 springs
The process of Cooking:
- Wash sabudana thoroughly at least 3 times and then soak in water for 3-4 hours.
- Wait till sabudana gets separate and moist completely.
- Roast peanuts in mild flame and let it cool for some time. Then peel off the skin and grind peanuts into raw powder.
- Chop green chilies and clean curry leaves, coriander leaves.
- Peel potato skin, chop it into small pieces.
- Take a pan and heat up in low flame.
- Add ghee to the pan.
- Now, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, chopped green chilies and fry it.
- Add potatoes and cook till they are boiled enough.
- Add sabudana, peanuts, and mix well.
- Sprinkle salt and little water mix for few minutes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and wait till 5-10 min.
- Ones sabudana appears in translucent, then it is cooked. Turn off the flame.
- Now, sprinkle coriander leaves.
- If wanted can add lemon juice while serving.
Sabudana Khichdi recipe is filled with a variety of nutrients such as Vitamins, Proteins, Carbohydrates, Minerals due to the ingredients used in it. It is a tasty and healthy dish. Few of the Nutrition levels are given below.
- It can be served as side dish or snacks.
- Few people will eat this as their breakfast on a regular basis.
- It is preferred during fasting.
Health Benefits of Sabudana Khichdi Recipe :
- Helps in weight gain
- Rich in carbohydrates
- Increases muscle growth
- Great source for Energy booster
- Sabudana is a digestion facilitator. It eases the digestive process
- Rich in vitamin B complex
- Controls Blood Pressure
Remember, whatever you eat, eat in a limit. Consider your health conditions. Always choose organic and natural food products. Eat healthy to stay healthy.
"We would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give some feedback on this article"
Author's Bio: Ashreetha Pendkar Is a Healthcare writer, trainer and Digital marketing expert, she loves to read healthcare content and spreading her words about the importance of the health to near & dears.