Simple Pumpkin Soup Recipe Arthritis Friendly Recipe
Soups are favorites of all age groups. Here is the recipe of tasty pumpkin soup, which not only pleases your taste buds but also is good for your health especially in case of arthritis patients. Serve this soup with green salad and enjoy a healthy lunch.
- 2 cups onions, chopped.
- ¼-cup ginger minced or paste.
- 1 ¼-garlic clove, minced.
- 6 to 7 cups of vegetable stock finely chopped.
- 5 cups of pumpkin purees
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp fresh thyme, chopped.
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Methods of Preparation:
- Take a large pan and heat it.
- Add olive oil to the pan.
- Now add finely chopped onions to the bowl and cook it until it becomes transparent.
- After the onions become transparent, add ginger and garlic to it.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Now add 1 cup of vegetable stock to the above and cook for 6 minutes.
- When the vegetables have become tender, add pumpkin to it.
- Again cook for 1 minute and then add the remaining vegetable stock to it.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Now cook the above mixture for about half an hour.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender until it becomes smooth.
- Remove the soup from the heat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
- Pumpkin contains beta-cryptoxanthin, which helps in fighting inflammation in arthritis.
- Garlic in the dish contains vitamin B-6, vitamin c, selenium, manganese, and fiber.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Soup:
- Pumpkin, ginger, and garlic are known for their role as arthritis fighting food due to the presence of beta-carotene in them.
- Beta-cryptoxanthin in pumpkin helps reduce the pain in arthritis.
We welcome your comments on this post