Want to lose weight? If yes, then start avoiding sugar. Other than losing weight, there are many reasons to avoid sugar. Know the reasons and keep yourself fit and fine.
Unfortunately, in today's busy life we are brought up with a high sugar intake from a young age. This doesn't mean we consume lots of sweets. Sugar is available in a lot of the processed foods we consume.
This subsumes food items, which we consume every day, such as bread, peanut butter, and mayonnaise. We all know that excessive consumption of sugar leads to obesity & diabetes. However, it can also have other adverse effects on health.
Reasons to Avoid Sugar
There are many reasons to avoid sugar, let's discuss few of them, which are common as well as dangerous.
- Intake of sugar promotes skin ageing and wrinkling
- Leads to osteoporosis
- Makes blood acidic
- Increases blood sugar levels
- Contributes to obesity
- Rots your teeth
- Sugar is addictive
- Creates the urge to binge
- Intake of excess sugar leads to diabetes
- Provides 'empty calories' with no nutritional value
- Deprives your minerals body
- Rob's energy
- Sugar results in heart problems
- Sugar cause cancer
- Sugar causes ulcers
- Sugar causes gallstones
- Consumption of sugar contributes to adrenal fatigue
- Sugar can suppress immune system
- Sugar raises the neurotransmitters levels called as serotonin
- Sugar causes hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels)
- Weakens Eyesight
- Sugar can cause aging
- Sugar contributes to eczema
- Sugar causes arthritis
How to avoid sugar
Nowadays, sugar has become one of the most harmful foods in diets. Though sugar is available naturally in healthy fruits & vegetables, several prepared & processed foods are stored with added or refined sugars for extra sweetness.
Whether it is in candy or ketchup or cartons of almond milk, sugar has been worrying in our diets in various forms. Fruits are full of natural sugar which is completely different from granulated sugar or high fructose corn syrup found in many processed foods.
Thus, many people prefer sugar-free. And, however, it might sound like one more weight-loss fad. The benefits of cutting down sugar go well afar slimming down. It shows a significant impact on individuals overall health & well-being!
The following are the some of the benefits of avoiding sugar intake:
Benefits of avoiding sugar
- Individuals are bound to be happier
- It improves individual's immune system
- Might sleep better
- Individuals can feel more energized
- Skin will become more smooth & radiant
- Individuals are less likely to develop chronic diseases
- Decreases dependency on sugar
- Have a sharper attention span
It is vital to include all sorts of food groups in the meal. Cutting out sugar entirely is not possible, however, it makes sense to reduce its intake drastically and consume sugar-free whenever required.
"We would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give some feedback on this article"