An electrocardiogram (ECG) is a test that checks for issues with the electrical movement of your heart. An ECG deciphers the heart's electrical action into line tracings on paper. The pikes and dunks in the line tracings are called waves.
The heart is a bulky pump made up of four chambers. The two upper chambers are called atria, and the two lower chambers are called ventricles. A characteristic electrical framework causes the heart muscle to contract and pump blood through the heart to the lungs and whatever is left of the body.
Purpose of ECG test
An electrocardiogram (ECG) is carried out to:
- Check the heart's electrical action.
- Find the reason for unexplained midsection torment, which could be created by a heart assault, irritation of the sac encompassing the heart (pericarditis), or angina.
- Find the reason for manifestations of coronary illness, for example, shortness of breath, discombobulation, swooning, or quick, sporadic heartbeats (palpitations).
- Find out if the dividers of the heart chambers are excessively thick (hypertrophied).
- Check how well medications are functioning and whether they are creating reactions that influence the heart.
- Check how well mechanical gadgets that are embedded in the heart, for example, pacemakers, are attempting to control an ordinary pulse.
- Check the wellbeing of the heart when different illnesses or conditions are available, for example, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, cigarette smoking, diabetes, or a family history of right on time coronary illness.
Before having an EKG or echocardiogram, enlighten your specialist or medical caretaker regarding the majority of the meds you are taking and ask whether you ought to assume the day of the test on the grounds that some may influence the results.
Moreover, check your protection plan to discover what it covers and whether you will have any out-of-pocket expenses connected with the test.
Something else, no planning is essential before an EKG or a fundamental echocardiogram. Nonetheless, in uncommon cases, your specialist may prescribe a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE; an echocardiogram in which the ultrasound gadget is put toward the end of a slim, adaptable tube that is embedded through the mouth and down into the throat). In readiness for a TEE, you will be asked to not consume or beverage anything for a few hours before the test.
Generally, we prefer doctor chosen by our family doctor or any general doctor where we choose to get advice from. But this is the peak time to find out the best cardiologist in your area before visiting any doctor. So, here are the ways to find best cardiologist doctor in Hyderabad.
We welcome your comments on this Post