Angioplasty is a procedure helps to open blocked blood vessels in the heart. It helps blood to flow in the necessary parts without any obstacles. After discharge from the hospital, here is the list of precautions to be taken care of:
- Keep the insertion area dry
- Follow a proper diet rich in nutrients, minerals, antioxidants, fiber-like whole grains, dairy, etc.
- Reduce salt intake and sugar consumption
- Always carry your stent card everywhere to avoid life-threatening issues
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol
- Don’t lift heavy objects for a certain time period
- Maintain mental health, most people suffer little depression after the procedure. Talk to someone with whom you can share your thoughts.
- Water benefits in every possible way, drink sufficient water
- Good sleep is required at least 6 hours to 7 hours a day as per age
- Do regular walking as per doctor's guidance - at least 20 min to 30 min slow walk
- Avoid Junk and outside food
- Eat easy to digest food with more leafy vegetables
- Be positive and don't be stress
- Do not ignore any symptoms and contact doctor immediately
Make sure you get follow-up appointments with your heart doctor and never ignore any symptoms.
For any second opinion consult our experienced Cardiologist Online