This recipe is quite old but still, it is classic and healthy. Quinoa is used in place of bread to avoid calories. If you want a sweeter taste, then just go for the yellow, orange or red peppers and avoid the green ones. This dish is good for the people suffering from arthritis.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked.
- 3 cups of water.
- Salt as per taste.
- 1 pound turkey sausage, fully cooked
- ½ cup olive oil.
- 1 cup chicken, chopped.
- ½ cup of (extra virgin) olive oil.
- 3 tbsp pecans chopped and toasted.
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped.
- 2 tbsp of fresh rosemary, chopped.
- 4 bell peppers.
Method for" Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers" :
- Take a large saucepan and heat it.
- Add water to it.
- Then add quinoa to the water.
- Boil the above on high heat.
- Once the mixture comes to boil lower the heat and cover the pan.
- Cook the above for about 15 minutes till the water is totally absorbed.
- Remove the cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Now add sausage and chicken to the above.
- Further add pecans, olive oil a, d salt.
- Mix them all well.
- Next step is to cut the peppers in to half.
- Remove the membranes and seeds of the peppers.
- Now cook the peppers in water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water.
- Stuff the cooked pepper with the mixture prepared before.
- Preheat the microwave at 350 degrees.
- Put the stuffed peppers in a greased baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Bell peppers have beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Virgin olive oil contains polyphenols.
- Turkey contains selenium.
Health Benefit of Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers :
The above dish contains bell pepper that is rich in carotenoids and beta carotene which helps arthritis patients to reduce inflammation symptoms.
"we would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on this article"