Feeling irritable or bloated? Then, hormonal imbalance in women could be the reason. In our human body hormones acts as a chemical messenger that impacts the method of functioning body cells as well as organs function.
It's usual in women the hormone levels to change at different times during their life, like prior to or during period or pregnancy, or menopause. However, few medications & health problems also lead to a Hormonal imbalance in women.
Signs & Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance
The following are the most common Signs and Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalances:
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Irregular periods and infertility
- Depression & anxiety
- Changes in appetite
- Low libido
- Hair loss and hair thinning
- Digestive issues
Few problems related with common hormonal imbalances subsume:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): Weight gain, Infertility, diabetes risk, acne, unusual hair growth
- Estrogen dominance: Changes in appetite, sleep patterns and weight, slowed metabolism, higher perceived stress
- Low estrogen: Lack of sex drive, irregularity in menstrual, reproductive problems, mood swings
- Hypothyroidism: Weight gain, slowed metabolism, anxiety, fatigue, digestive problems, irritability, irregular periods
- Low testosterone: Muscle loss, erectile dysfunction, weight gain, mood problems, fatigue
- Hyperthyroidism & Grave's Disease: Thinning hair, Anxiety, IBS, loss of weight, trouble in sleeping, irregular heartbeats.
- Diabetes: Nerve damage (neuropathy), weight gain, risk of vision loss, trouble breathing, fatigue, dry mouth and other skin problems
- Adrenal fatigue: Muscle aches, fatigue, anxiety & depression, brain fog, trouble sleeping, reproductive problems
With proper treatment for hormonal imbalance, the aforementioned signs of hormonal imbalance can be reduced and cured.
Risk Factors & Causes of Hormonal Imbalance in Women
The Risk Factors for Hormonal imbalances in women many, which means they causes of hormonal imbalance are the combination of factors like medical history, diet, stress levels, genetics & exposure to environmental toxins. The below are the major contributors to hormonal imbalance in women:
- Being obese
- Food allergies & gut issues
- Genetic susceptibility
- High levels of swelling caused by a poor diet & sedentary lifestyle
- High stress and lack of sleep & rest
Natural Ways to Balance Hormones in women
1.Eat Healthy Fats: The consumption of short, medium & long-chain fatty acids is vital to maintaining hormone balance, as our body requires different types of fats, including saturated fat & cholesterol. Also, these fats keep inflammation levels low, and increase body metabolism & promote weight loss.
Healthy fats include:
Coconut oil: It contains natural anti-bacterial & fat-burning effects
Avocados: Improving heart health, controls appetite, Reduces inflammation Grass-fed butter and Wild-caught salmon: Salmon nutrition is the best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which reduces inflammation and helps in cognitive functioning.
2.Adaptogen Herbs: They helps in promoting hormone balance in women and also protect the body from various diseases. Also, Adaptogen Herbs helps in:
- Improving thyroid functioning
- Naturally, lowers cholesterol
- Minimize anxiety & depression
- Stabilize blood sugar & insulin levels
- Reduce brain cell degeneration
- Support adrenal gland functions
3.Balance Consumption of Omega-3 to Omega-6 Fats Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for communication in the brain and they also help in protecting against hippocampal neuronal loss & lower pro-inflammatory responses. It is suggested to ensure to steer clear from oils in omega-6 fats and load rich sources of natural omega -3 instead.
4.Improve Gut Health: Hormone issues are also caused due to the Leaky Gut. Most of the people with leaky gut experience deficiency of probiotics. Probiotics is a healthy bacteria that can improve production & regulation of key hormones such as ghrelin, insulin, and leptin.
5.Exercise: Another activity that you do for health is exercise. For balancing hormone, an exercise is a great option as it reduces swelling, and assists in maintaining less stress levels, regulating appetite, healthy weight, & in getting better sleep.
6.Reduce Stress: Sleep for 7-8 hours every night. Lack of sleep results in hormone imbalance in women. Sleep assists in keeping stress hormones balanced, and also builds energy & allows the body recovers.
We welcome your comments on this post
Add new comment