Salt is what makes our food tasty, and it can turn well-cooked food tasteless if not used properly.
Why we need salt
It is necessary element for human body because it is beneficial for following things-
- It balances fluid in the human body.
- It has control over the working of nerves and muscles.
Food contains Sodium
- Almost all kinds of foods have some quantity of sodium
- But the thing that supplies most of the sodium in our diet is salt
- It is made of chloride and sodium
- The ratio of both chloride and sodium is 60 and 40 by weight.
Salt we need
Daily salt intake is a very important element for our body; it is also necessary that it should be taken in proper quantity because more or less quantity of it can trigger problems of blood pressure. However, it does not affect our body strongly.
There are some recommendations given below
The American Heart Association suggests that daily salt intake
- More than 1.5 g sodium or 3.75 g should not be consumed in a day.
- If people take recommended quantity of it, they can improve health of their heart
- And the danger of cardiovascular disease can also be trimmed down.
The Food Standards Agency of UK suggests that
- Children between 1 to 3 years should be given 2 gm salt per day.
- Children between 4 to 6 years should be given 3 gm salt per day.
- Children between 7 to 10 years should be supplied 5 gm salt per day.
- 6 gm salt is recommended them who are above 11 years.
- Infants who are below 1 year must not be given salt.
"we would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on this article"