It is normal for women to put on weight after pregnancy. However, after around six months you should return to your normal pre-pregnancy weight. In most of the cases, women lose half of the weight after the delivery and rest in the next couple of months.
However, if some stubborn fat still lingers around your abdomen and waistline then you should make certain changes in your lifestyle to get back to your normal weight.
Try to make changes in your daily lifestyle. Here are some tips:
- Do not skip any meal. Many moms forget to have their meals when they are busy with their babies either feeding or changing the nappy.
- Less energy will affect indirectly and will make you gain weight when you eat more at one time.
- Breaking the meals in 5 to 6 portions throughout the day is better as it will keep on giving you energy.
- Eat slowly and try to understand the feeling of fullness. If you eat fast, you will not understand whether you have eaten enough or in excess which can lead to further weight gain.
- While snacking, choose healthy options such as vegetables and fruits. Include foods such as berries, oranges, apples, carrots, bananas and pepper stripes in your snack basket.
- Choosing low-fat dairy products, drinking less amount of artificially flavored drinks and instead of drinking 8 glass of water daily, choosing baked or broiled foods instead of fried ones and limiting your intake of fat and sweet foods can help you greatly in coming back to your pre-pregnancy weight.
Some Home Remedies for Weight Loss after Pregnancy
- Boil cinnamon and cloves in one liter of water and drink this fluid all through the day instead of regular water to lose the pregnancy fat.
- Barley and carom seed water helps to reduce belly fat if taken regularly in place of regular water.