Sinusitis problems are generally known as a sinus infection. Sinus or sinusitis infections are very common these days. Sinus is the cavity in the skull that is connected by a very narrow hole of ostium bone to the nasal airway.
Common Causes of Sinusitis
When these cavities suffer blockage because of the fungus, bacteria and virus, sinus infection occurs. Inflammation is the main symptom experienced in this case.
In addition to it, environmental allergies and the deformities are also some possible reasons for the occurrence of sinusitis. Sinusitis infection occurs in two forms depending upon:
- Time span
- Chronic sinus infection
- Acute sinus infection
- Subacute sinus infection
- The infectious infection
- The non-infectious infection
Symptoms of Sinusitis infection
Some of the symptoms and signs generally found in the patients suffering from sinusitis include:
- Facial tender pain
- Problem in breathing through nose due to blockage
- Sore throat
- Nasal stuffiness
- Bad breathe
Factors Increasing Sinusitis Risk
Several factors can make you more vulnerable to the sinusitis infection.
These factors include:
- Allergies: such as asthma, hayfever and allergic rhinitis
- Irritants: Smoke, chemicals, air pollution, disinfectants, pesticides and household detergents
- Narrow Nasal Passages: Caused due to nasal growth of the polyps within the nose, facial injury, mucus build up in the narrow areas
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is a type of genetic condition in which sticky and thick mucus accumulates within the body thereby increasing infection risk.
These symptoms are visible easily in case of acute infection. However, the time span is relatively small as compared in the case of chronic sinus infection in which the infection can last for months.
These problems are non-avoidable and an ENT specialist should be consulted as soon as possible. Neglecting such conditions can lead to serious consequences. It is rightly said that precaution is better than cure. Do not avoid doctors if you have any such problem.
"we would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on this article"