Have you ever come across a person suffering from heart attack in front of you? Felt yourself helpless? Well, here are First aid tips for heart attack that helps you to save someone's life.
In the recent times, there an increasing awareness is seen in people who are seeking for first-aid tips for Heart when alone. This is because cardiovascular problems, subsuming myocardial infractions or heart attacks, have become public healthcare problem throughout the globe.First aid tips are helpful for every individual and not just for health care employees. Any tragedy can occur at any time and some needy may require your assistance, you never know! Therefore, it is vital to have an skills on First aid tips for heart attack that may assist to save a life.
What is Heart Attack?
A heart attack is a serious condition that happens when blood circulation to the heart blocked suddenly blocked, generally by a blood clot. Many people make a complete recovery from heart attack.however, there will be a serious risk that the heart may stop beating known as cardiac arrest.It is essential that you treat someone suffering from heart attack immediately, else they could die.
Individuals suffering from heart attack experiences below conditions:
- Painful pressure, squeezing and fullness pain in the chest
Heart Attack Pains
- Uneasiness or pain dispersal over the chest to the shoulders, jaw, neck,teeth, or one or both arms, or sometimes upper abdomen
- Breathe Shortness
- Light headedness, fainting, dizziness
A heart attack usually causes chest pain for over 15 minutes;however in some cases it has no symptoms. Numerous people who experience heart attack have cautionary signs hours, days or weeks in advance.
What to look for - Heart attack
If you find someone suffering from heart attack, seek four Points such as:
- Pain a nonstop pain in the chest, which can spread to the other parts like jaw, neck or arms
- Rapid Weak pulse
- Pale skin
First aid tips for heart attack
If you find someone having a heart attack, you need to follow below First aid tips for heart attack in order to save one's life.
- Never overlook a person suffering from chest pain
- Make the person sit in slightly reclined angle
- Make the person sit down, take rest, and try to keep him or her calm.
- Loosen his or her tighten clothes.
- Ask the person whether he or she takes any chest pain medicines like nitroglycerin, for a recognized heart condition, and assist them in taking it.
- If person still experiences pain within 3 minutes of taking nitroglycerin, call for emergency medical assistance.
- If a person is in unconscious condition and unresponsive, call to your local emergency number, then start CPR.
- In case of infant or child in unresponsive and unconscious condition, perform 1 minute of CPR, then call to emergency no.
- A person suffering from a heart attack should receive medical care within one hour.
these are the first aid tips for heart attacks and follow them for healthy heart.
Note points while performing First aid tips for heart attack when alone
- Patients are also suggested to chew or swallow aspirin, unless they are allergic to aspirin or have been suggested by doctor never to take aspirin. However, seeking emergency assistance first, such as calling 911.this is one of the first aid tips for heart attack.
- Nitroglycerin, can be taken only if it is prescribed by the doctor because the intake of un-prescribed medications can put patients life in more danger.
- Start CPR only if the patient is in unconscious stage. Tell 911 emergency medical specialists about the unconscious state of patient. Then they may advise you to start cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). In case you are not aware of CPR or not received CPR training, you are recommend skipping mouth-to-mouth rescue breathing & do only chest compressions for around 100 per minute. Dispatcher can teach you the proper procedures till help arrives.
- If an automatic or mechanical external defibrillator (AED) is accessible and the individual is unconscious, start CPR when the device is retrieved as well as set up.
- Do not leave the patient unaccompanied excluding to call for assistance, that to if necessary.
- Do not permit the patient to repudiate the symptoms & persuade you not to call for emergency assistance.
- Do not wait to see symptoms leave.
- Do not provide the patient anything by mouth except if the heart medication has been prescribed by his or her doctor earlier.
Prevention of heart attacks
Individuals suffering from heart attacks must follow below steps to prevent the heart attacks:
- Quit smoking as it results in the developing the risk of heart disease
- Maintain blood pressure, diabetes and cholesterol in control and follow doctor's prescription.
- Try to lose weight if you are overweight.
- Do regular exercise to recover from heart health
- Have healthy heart diet. Intake limited saturated fats, sugars and red meat. Improve the fish, chicken, vegetables, whole grains and fresh fruits intake.
Limit the consumption of alcohol. It's better to avoid alcohol. As, alcohol consumption can harm the heart &may cause other medical issues or ailments.
Generally, we prefer doctor chosen by our family doctor or any general doctor where we choose to get advice from. But this is the peak time to find out the best cardiologist in your area before visiting any doctor. So, here are the ways to find the best cardiologist in Hyderabad
"Allocate few seconds to comment on this article"