When you make an ice cream at home, you use all the fresh and natural ingredients. It enhances the nutritional value of the ice cream and makes it a much better option as there no preservatives or artificial colorants used during its preparation. Mango being one of the most favorite fruits, homemade mango ice cream is in huge demand, especially during hot season.
- 3 to 4 Ripe Alphonso Mangoes
- 2 cup fresh cream
- Sugar (Depending upon the sweetness of the mangoes)
- 1 Vanilla Pod (Optional)
Method for mango ice cream
- Peal of the mangoes and make puree of them.
- Now, taste the puree for its sweetness and add sugar accordingly
- Take a bowl and pour cream in it.
- Keep this bowl along with the whisk in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. Chilling the whisk and the cream helps you to get maximum volume after whisking.
- You can use a hand mixer, a wire whisk, or even an electric mixer for whisking the cream and sugar.
- Beat the cream until it gets a nice stiff peak. Do not overbeat the cream or it will curdle and separate into butter.
- Once the cream is whisked properly, add mango puree and a bit of vanilla extract from the vanilla pod.
- Mix it well using a spatula. Avoid mixing vigorously or the cream will deflate.
- Take a wide and shallow container and pour the mango cream into it. Using a wide container ensures quick freezing.
- Cover the container and refrigerate it until it is half frozen or for about 4 hours.
- Take out the container, and cut the frozen mango ice cream into pieces.
- Add the pieces to the blender and blend until it becomes a smooth liquid.
- This is an important step in ice cream making as it breaks the ice crystals that are formed in the initial stages of freezing.
- Pour the ice cream mixture back into the container. Make sure that you cover it this time tightly with a plastic wrap in such a way that the plastic touches the surface of the ice cream. It helps to prevent formation of ice crystals on the top of the ice cream.
- Freeze until the ice cream has set completely.
- Scoop in a bowl and serve with freshly cut slices of mangoes.
We welcome your comments on this post