Healthy mixed vegetable uttapam can be made for breakfast or as an evening snack. After the fast foods and the beverages, the health is depleting and one should include vegetables in their diet in order to keep themselves healthy. This recipe and the food type have mixed vegetable that would give you enough energy and this is a healthy food. Try following the recipe in each step and you will have a delicious uttapam for serving with lots of health and packed energy that is good for your health.
Healthy Mixed vegetable uttapam:
Uttapam are of so many types and mixed vegetable uttapam is one such type. In order to include all the vegetables in the diet one can opt for this food that has different vegetables. Nowadays children are so picky while eating that they refuse to eat vegetables. This will be the best option for such picky eaters. Here is the recipe for the mixed vegetable uttapam.
Nutritional value per serving:
Recipe type: Breakfast/ Evening snack
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for making healthy mixed vegetable uttapam recipe :
Rice – 2 cups
Split black gram lentil – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 2
Onion – 3
Ginger – a small piece
Green chillies- 2
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Cabbage- 1 cup
Carrot – 2
Capsicum – 1 medium sized
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Salt – 1 ½ tsp
Oil – for making the uttapam.
Procedure for making mixed vegetable uttapam Recipe :
- For making uttapam you will have to soak rice and split black gram separately. It has to soak for almost 6 hours once done grind it into a fine batter. Add salt to it and keep it aside for fermentation separately. Add coriander leaves to it. The fermentation process will go on for the next 12 hours.
- Then chop tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger piece, onions and keep the aside.
- Chop all the vegetables (carrot, capsicum, cabbage) and keep them aside.
- When the batter has fermented mix the chopped vegetables into it and mix chilli powder too in it. Add salt if you want some more according to your taste.
- Now when he mixture batter is ready heat a non stick pan(tava) for making the uttapam. Grease some oil and use one tbsp of the batter and spread it on the tava in a circular motion. Grease the sides so that it becomes crispy and comes out clean. Cook the uttapam in low fame. Once it is cooked take it out slowly and serve hot with sambar and chutney.
- Make sure you grease the pan (tava) and sprinkle few drops of water on the pan so that it comes out clean and crisp and does not stick on the tava.