How to Make Spicy Chinese Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
Hot and sour soup is an integral part of the Asian culinary tradition and is widely prepared in the eastern Asian countries. The ingredients may differ as the region changes however important is that all the ingredients that are used either add sour or spicy flavor to the soup. In India, the Indo-Chinese recipe of hot and sour recipe is more popular and is prepared using different vegetables and sauces.
- 4 to 6 French beans, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium bamboo shoots, chopped
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium button mushrooms, chopped
- ½ green capsicum, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 inch celery stalk, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp green chili sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chili oil
1) Take a deep pan and heat oil in it.
2) Add chopped celery, garlic, ginger, and onion and saute for one minute
3) Add chopped bamboo shoot and saute.
4) Add carrot, bean sprouts, French beans, cabbage, and stir.
5) Add mushrooms, green chili sauce, and soy sauce and vegetable stock one by one and keep on stirring.
6) Mix well and add sugar, salt and green capsicum.
7) Add white pepper powder, corn starch/corn flour, little water and mix.
8) Cook until the soup gets a slightly thick consistency.
9) Lastly stir in vinegar.
10) Pour in soup bowls and serve piping hot garnished with a drizzle of chili oil and spring onion greens.
- Mushrooms in the soup also boost up your body with Vitamin D and B supply.
- The bamboo shoots add dietary fiber, minerals, essential amino acids, proteins and vitamins to this recipe.
Health Benefits of Hot and Sour Soup Recipe :
- Hot and Sour soup is gluten free and hence is good for your overall health.
- It is rich in poly and monounsaturated fats and the vegetables used in the soup provide it anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that are known to reduce health risks of osteoporosis, cancer and dementia. For better benefits, you should use sesame oil during the preparation.
- Mushrooms are the low calorie, high nutrient foods that fight cancer and improve your resistance towards chronic diseases.