Constipation is becoming a very serious case and embarrassing to most of us. It is leading to various health issues. According to the Ayurveda Constipation is the imbalance between “Air and Space” which is known as “Vata Dosha” in Ayurvedic terms.
A survey done by a global marketing research agency, 14% of India's urban population was found to be suffering from chronic constipation.
What is constipation?
Constipation is having difficulty in emptying the bowels associated with hardened feces. It slowdowns the movement of food wastage (stool) through the digestive tract. It also observed to have less than 3 bowels in a week. Constipation causes for a variety of reasons either occasionally or with health issues.
What causes constipation?
Constipation is caused due to various reasons few of them are listed below.
- Eating junk, processed food.
- Choosing unhealthy lifestyle.
- Not maintaining proper diet plan.
- Having irregular meals at odd times.
- Over-use of laxatives.
- Insufficient intake of fluids.
- In-active lifestyle.
- Some sort of surgeries or health conditions.
- Facing more stress and tensions.
Symptoms of Constipation:
- Vomiting and Nausea
- Severe pain in the belly
- Uneasiness in bowels
- Hard stools
- Having a blocked bowel feeling or unable to empty the stomach
- Bloating and straining for bowel moments
Top 10 home remedies for constipation:
1.Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds contain oil which moisturizes the intestine. If dried stools are the problem, sesame seeds will clear it and eases the flow.
- Add sesame oil or seeds or its supplements in foods
2. Flax Seeds: The flax seeds are known for its fiber content. It helps in cleansing the digestive system and intestines. This indeed gives relief from constipation.
- Add flax seeds in your cereals, salads or other foods.
- You can have them in warm water every morning.
3. Mint Tea: Mint tea will helps in slew the digestion problems. Mint contains menthol which has an antispasmodic effect. This relaxes the digestive muscles and gives relief from constipation.
- Drink a cup of mint tea with added flavors such as ginger and lemon juice if needed.
4. Lemon Water: As we all know how Lemon water does miracles to our body. It even heals constipation if taken on regular basis. Lemon acts as a cleansing agent for the intestines and detoxifies your body system.
- Take warm water and add lemon juice to it.
- Now, in lemon juice water add a pinch of salt.
Drink the juice on empty stomach every morning to get rid of constipation
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV does amazing benefits to our health. It cleans the gas, waste and eases the stool which helps in the proper digestive process.
- Add a tablespoon of ACV in warm water along with few drops of lemon juice (optional).
- Drink this either early in the morning or before going to bed (minimum half an hour gap should be maintained after dinner to drink ACV).
6. Raisins: These are packed with rich fiber and acts as natural laxatives. This makes wonders for pregnant women suffering from constipation.
- Soak raisins in water for overnight.
- Take them early in the morning on empty stomach.
7.Prunes: Prunes are fiber-rich foods and contain compounds which trigger the intestine contraction which makes you to go easier without any pain.
- 3 prunes contain almost 3 grams of fiber. So eat them regularly and add them to your meals such as salads too.
8.Castor Oil: This has been using for centuries for constipation issues. It even kills the intestine worms.
- Either you can take a spoon of castor oil directly or you can add a spoon of castor oil to warm milk and drink.
- It results in the best benefits if taken in night times before going to bed.
9.Coffee: Coffee everyone’s favorite. It stimulates the colon and speeds up in removing wastage from your body. Choose caffeinated coffee for better results.
- Choose your favorite coffee and drink twice a day and never exceed its limit.
10.Figs: Figs either taken dried or ripe has the same benefits. It helps in proper digestion and gives relief from constipation pain.
- Boil few figs in milk and drink at night before going to bed. It is recommended to drink it warm.
Tips to get rid of Constipation:
- Eat fresh vegetables and green-leafy vegetables more.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Add more fresh juices to your diet.
- Maintain proper food consumption timing to avoid gastric problems.
- Fiber-rich food helps in pipe cleaner which removes wastes and other material from the body.
- Add healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts, avocados, etc. to your diet to lubricate the intestines which indeed helps with ease constipation.
- Exercise regularly, everyday 15 min walk helps food to move through food very quickly.
- If you feel uncomfortable after a heavy-meal, trying moving around or start Jumping which avoid pains and eases the digestive process.
- Avoid foods which contain white flours like maida, white sugar, processed foods and others.
- Add condiments like cumin seeds, ajwain, turmeric powder, etc. to your meals to regularize the digestion process.
Constipation may cause due to various underlying issues. Though these home remedies for constipation gives you relief and if you are facing it for a long time, you must speak to the doctor who helps in finding the potential cause and suggests the needed treatment protocol.
Be Healthy! Eat Healthily! Stay Happy! Live Long!
Add new comment