In the recent times, unbelievable amount of people are suffering from acidity. If you are also one among those, well, there are numerous natural Home remedies for acidity, to get rid of this problem. Acidity is a painful experience that affects tens of thousands of people all over the globe.
Acidity occurs when individual's stomach digestive acids make their way up into the esophagus. If the individual still suffers from acidity on a regular basis, the chances of gastroesophageal reflux a disease increase which is also known as GERD.
Excessive amount or imbalance of digestive acids in the stomach causes stomach ache, nausea, gas, bad breathÂ & other symptoms. This is a common problem that affects many individuals irrespective of their ages.
People suffering from acidity problems must avoid intake of spicy foods, drink alcohol, stress and irregular eating habits.
With some simple Natural Home remedies for acidity, the symptoms of acidity and its further complications can be minimized gradually.
Simple Home Remedies for Acidity
The following are the top 10 home remedies for acidity:
- Bananas: Bananas are the rich source of potassium and help in balancing acid levels in the stomach. It also helps in the production of mucus which protects the body from harmful effects. Intake of ripe banana or overripe banana helps in feeling better from acidity.
- Tulsi: Tulsi leaves stimulate the stomach to produce more mucous, and these leaves have anti-ulcer properties that reduce the effects of the gastric acid. While suffering from acidity, chewing 4 to 5 leaves of tulsi leaves beats the discomfort felt.
- Cold milk: Milk contains calcium that prevents acid build up &also absorbs the excess acid, thus reduces acidity symptoms. Another fact is; cold milk provides quick relief from the burning sensation. Ensure to have cold milk with no additives such as sugar. Mixing a spoon of ghee also makes the remedy more effective.
- Saunf or aniseed: Saunf or aniseed contains potent anti-ulcer properties that help in digestion &relieves constipation. Saunf also reduces burning sensation. Chewing few Saunf seeds helps in reducing acidity symptoms. As a lasting remedy, boil few aniseeds in water &soak it overnight and drink this water when you feel uneasy.
- Jeera: It stimulates saliva production which assists in better digestion and also improves metabolism & relieves gas & other gastric troubles.Chewing jeera seeds reduces acidity or boil them in water & drink it.
- Clove: Taste buds react to cloves pungent taste & secrete excess saliva, which assists in digestion and beats the acidity symptoms. Bite a clove, and keep its juice in the mouth. The slowly released juice immediately lowers acidity and gives relief.
- Elaichi: It stimulates digestion & relieves stomach spasms. It also relaxes the inner stomach lining and minimizes the excess acid production in the stomach. To get relief from acidity crush two cardamom and boil the powder in water & drink cooled juice for immediate relief.
- Mint leaves or Pudina: Pudina improves digestion and minimizes acid production in the stomach. Chop few mint leaves, and boil them in water and drink it after getting cools.
- Ginger: It improves digestion and protects the stomach against ulcers and reduces the effect of the acid in the stomach. Chewing a small piece of ginger is the good option or, Crush ginger, and mix it with jaggery and keep sucking it.
- Amla: Amla helps in curing the injured stomach lining & oesophagus. The intake of one teaspoon of Amla keeps acidity at bay.
From next time, when you feel acidity, try the above-mentioned home remedies for acidity for quick relief.
"we would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback on this article"