Vajrasana, also known as the diamond pose or the thunderbolt pose. Vajrasana and its health benefits are numerous. It is a very easy asana done in yoga. It has many health benefits and is very easy to do. It is best known for doing meditation and breathing exercises peacefully. When done on a regular basis, it makes you healthier and stronger. There are hundreds of people who have been adopting this asana in order to gain the lost health or in order to retain the one which they have.
How to do Vajrasana?
- Sit on the floor on a yoga mat or the floor.
- Fold your legs from the knee in a way that your heels touch your butt.
- Now rest both your hands on the thigh, either facing down or towards the sky.
- If you aren’t used to this, you will feel a stinging pain in your feet, but hold your legs in that position for more than two minutes and you’ll get used to this position.
- Now inhale and exhale slowly with deep breaths through your nose. This will soothe the mind and calm it.
- While you are exhaling, it is said that all the diseases are coming out of your nose.
- Repeat this exercise for 5 minutes and keep increasing the time limit as you get used to it.
Vajrasana and its health benefits:
- vajrasana calms the mind which helps it to relax and strengthen.
- There are so many benefits that are connected to vajrasana and blood flow. Sitting in that position modifies the blood flow in the lower part of the body. The blood flow in the legs is reduced and the blood flow to the digestive organs is increased which helps in the correct digestion of the body which also helps to cure acidity, constipation, and other digestive problems.
- “Yoga is mostly known for helping in weight loss, so does vajrasana. There are various studies that shows the results with weight loss and Vajrasana.”
- It helps in making the lower part of your body very flexible.
- If you are looking out for a toner for your shapeless body, then try this. Vajrasana and its health benefits like toning the body has shown various results that are positive. It helps in toning of the lower part of the body such as hips, thighs, legs and the calf muscles.
- It helps get rid of any kind of back pain.
- It helps in healing any kind of urinary problems.
- It helps one to strengthen the lower part of the body mainly the sexual organs.
- Any diseases such as varicose veins and joint pains are healable with this asana. It also acts as a pain killer for the ones suffering from arthritis.
- Mainly it also helps in increasing the blood circulation of the body.
- This asana is also known for helping in better concentration and meditation.
- Many breathing asanas such as pranayama also can be done when you are in this position which helps it to be more effective.
These were a few health benefits of vajrasana whereas yoga has many more positions (asana) like these which are very beneficial for our body. One can try this in order to get the desired results and can also suggest it to the other friends who were looking out for an option for weight loss too.