A number of people aim to reduce cholesterol in order to avoid health consequences that occur due to the elevated cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is progressively becoming an underlying health consequence that many oversee until it is too late. Having high cholesterol can feel like a death sentence. Elevated cholesterol also leads to blocked arteries, heart attack, stroke and death. Thus, high cholesterol problem should be taken as a serious issue and necessary actions have to be implemented in order to evade further complications. Changes in dietary, lifestyle changes and other supplements assist individuals in reducing cholesterol naturally.
For most of the individuals, reducing cholesterol can be a formidable challenge. However the benefits of lowering cholesterol, especially if it is comparatively high, have proven to be remarkably positive in improving individual’s longevity and health.
Cholesterol Reducing Foods
If individuals want to reduce cholesterol, the key factor is diet. Below are the best foods and nutrients that reduce cholesterol naturally:
- Omega-3 fats – Foods that contains high omega-3 fats assists in increasing HDL cholesterol & minimize cardiovascular disease risk.
- Olive oil – Assists in raising HDL (good cholesterol) cholesterol
- Foods with high soluble fiber – Soluble fiber fixes cholesterol in digestive system triggering it to be expelled by the body. Subsume ample fruits, sprouted nuts, vegetables, seeds and other fiber rich foods items.
- Garlic and onions – Garlic and onions help in lowering LDL cholesterol as of their sulfur comprising compounds help in cleansing arteries.
- Herbs – It is also suggested to add a variety of spices like rosemary, basil and turmeric while cooking as these herbs contain antioxidants which are cardio-protective & assist in reducing cholesterol.
Reduce cholesterol with Natural Remedies
Intake of right supplements as well as natural remedies helps in lowering cholesterol levels when combined with a healthy diet. The following are the Natural Remedies that reduce cholesterol.
1. Fish Oil (1,000mg – 2,000 mg every day)
EPA & DHA (omega-3 fats) is available in fish oil assist in lowering overall cholesterol levels.
2. CoQ10 (200-300 mg daily)
If an individual is consuming cholesterol lowering medications, medications containing CoQ10 decreases levels of this vital enzyme.
3. Niacin (1,500 mg daily)
Niacin contains vitamin B3 reduces LDL cholesterol by 25% & elevates HDL by 35%
4. Red Yeast Rice (1200 mg 2x daily)
Decreases cholesterol up to 32%
5. 5 Garlic (500 mg every day)
Increases HDL cholesterol & reduces overall cholesterol.
Needed oils to reduce Cholesterol
Lavender oil is vital and has proven to be the best remedy to reduce cholesterol levels as it minimizes emotional stress. Cypress oil also lowers cholesterol as it enhances blood circulation & rosemary oil reduces cholesterol due to its unique anti-oxidant properties.
Diet to reduce cholesterol in 1 week
Individuals suffering from high cholesterol levels need to follow below diet to lower the cholesterol levels:
Monday: Increase your vegie and fruit intake and prefer to eat a variety of diverse colored fruits & vegies each day.
Tuesday: Minimize the intake of unhealthy fats like processed and fast foods. Prefer low-fat dairy products, healthy oils like olive oil, & flaxseed oil rather than butter.
Wednesday: While cooking use olive oil, as it has a higher oxidation threshold when compare to monounsaturated oils.
Thursday: Increase the intake of garlics it reduces cholesterol levels – lowering LDL cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol is always good for health.
Friday: Prefer to consume more legumes such as lentils, chickpeas, beans and peas, as they are low in fat & rich in nutrients like B vitamins, unsaturated fats and iron.
Saturday: Intake oatmeal for breakfast.
Sunday: Snack on nuts. Prefer to have nuts that are high in unsaturated fats & lower in saturated fats. These subsume almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts & pistachios.