A good breakfast is necessary to keep you rocking and satisfied all through the day. If your breakfast lacks the required nutrition, you may feel tired and irritated in between the day. It can affect your work or studies. Here are the best healthy breakfast recipes around idea to jump start your day.
1.Dry Fruit Steel-cut Oatmeal Breakfast is one of the best recipe in healthy breakfast recipes
It is the best breakfast if you love to eat something warm at the start of the day. However, the recipe takes around half an hour so make sure that you prepare for it in advance.
You can also prepare it in advance, store it in the refrigerator and use small batch every day after heating up in microwave or stove.
- 2 cups water
- ¼-teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons agave syrup, maple syrup, honey or brown sugar
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter (optional)
- 4 tablespoons dried fruits including dried cranberries, dried apricots (chopped) and raisins
- 2 or 3 types of fresh fruits such as diced pears, apples
- Mix milk, water and salt in a heavy and large saucepan.
- Boil it and slowly add oats. Stir constantly while adding
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes covering the pan with a lid
- Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon to check the consistency.
- Add dried fruits, sweetener and butter.
- Cover again and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Keep on stirring to avoid the cereal from sticking to the pan's bottom
- Once the oats are soft and the mixture has a creamy consistency it is ready to serve.
- Add fresh fruits, stir and serve or refrigerate for later use.
Note: The steel-cut oats usually do not swell and release starch in a hurry. The best way is to soak them in boiling water with a pinch of salt to it. Leave them overnight and use these oats for preparing one of the healthy breakfast recipes.
2. Dhokla- Pineapple-Salad Sticks
Dhokla is a renowned breakfast item in Western India. It is prepared from fermented batter of gram flour and very easy to serve. It does not require much effort once you have the Dhokla ready.
- 12 Dhokla pieces cut into 1-inch square pieces
- 12 pieces of Pineapple (Canned)
- 12 Cucumber slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 Parboiled carrot slices
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ teaspoon Asafetida
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Spring Onions for garnishing
- Satay Sticks
- Take a pan and add oil.
- Heat the oil and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add asafetida and saute for 10 seconds.
- Toss Dhokla pieces in this tampering and keep aside.
- Take another pan and add the remaining oil.
- Heat it and saute cucumber and carrot pieces for around 2 minutes.
- Add salt and fenugreek leaves and saute for half minute. Keep it aside.
- Now take pineapple pieces in a bowl, add pepper, salt, mix, and keep aside.
- Take satay stick and first pierce dhokla piece followed by pineapple, cucumber and carrot.
- Repeat the same sequence till you reach the end of the stick leaving a little portion.
- Use spring onions for garnishing.
This is one of the quickest of all the healthy breakfast recipes, if you have dhokla ready with you. It is even best as an afternoon snack.
3. Vegetable Jowar Porridge
A good mix of vegetables and grains makes for one of the healthiest porridge. And what better way to start your day with one such healthy breakfast recipes? This healthy porridge is exceptionally nutrition and light on your stomach.
- ½ cup Jowar
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (spinach, carrot, beans, capsicum, cauliflower, broccoli and more)
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- Pinch of Asafetida
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup low fat curd
- Salt as per taste
- Grind the jowar grains to make a coarse powder in a blender
- Mix salt and 3 cups of water with the jowar powder and cook in pressure cooker for 3 to 4 whistles until it is well cooked and soft.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds and asafetida
- As the seeds crackle add vegetables and saute for 5 minutes
- Now add jowar mixture and one and a half cups of water.
- Let it simmer for around 8 minutes
- Garnish it with coriander, onions and tomatoes.
- Serve hot with curd.
4. Healthy Wheat and Vegetable Upma
Wheat is rich in carbohydrate and provides you the much-needed energy lasting all the day. When you combine wheat with fresh vegetables, the nutritional value of the dish increases manifold. The result is not only one of the healthy breakfast recipes but also a very tasty one.
- ½ cup broken wheat?
- ¼-teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon green chilies, finely chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger, grated
- ¼ cup green peas
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Clean the broken wheat and then wash it.
- Take 2 cups of hot water and parboil the broken wheat in it for around 5 minutes.
- Drain the grains and keep them aside.
- Put a pressure cooker on heat and add oil to it.
- Crackle mustard seeds in the oil, add green chilies and saute for few seconds on medium flame
- Add ginger, onions and mix well.
- Saute for 2 minutes on medium flame
- Now add green peas, chopped carrots and again saute for 2 minutes
- Add broken wheat, one and half cups of water, salt and mix well in pressure cooker up to 2 whistles
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
5. Green and Red Paneer Sandwich
If you are looking for healthy breakfast recipes that are rich in proteins and Vitamin A then you should surely try this one. Moreover, you can prepare this quick-fix recipe in five minutes.
- 4 slices brown bread
- 1 ½ cups carrots, finely chopped and parboiled
- ¼ cup green peas, boiled and mashed
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Take a pan and heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Now add green chilies, paneer, salt, carrots and green peas.
- Combine the mixture well and cook for 2 minutes
- Take 2 bread slices and spread this mixture on them.
- Cover each with another brown bread slice.
- Cut the slices diagonally and serve tomato or chili sauce
"Love this article Share it with your friends"