Burger, everyone loves them. This recipe shows you how to make a tasty burger, which is also good for health.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, fat reduced.
- 2 lime.
- 1 tsp hot sauce.
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped.
- Vegetable spray.
- 1 jalapeno, grated.
- 2 tsp cumin.
- 3 tsp garlic, minced.
- 2 ½ cups of sweet potatoes, grated.
- 3 cups of black beans, mashed.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, plain.
- Hamburger buns, whole wheat.
Method of preparation:
- The first step is to preheat the broiler at medium heat.
- Set an oven rack accordingly.
- Take a large bowl and squeeze lime juice in it.
- Now add mayonnaise to the lime juice.
- Next add hot sauce and mix well.
- Put the mixture in refrigerator.
- Take a large skillet, heat it and spray vegetable cooking spray.
- Keep the heat medium.
- Further add onions to it and cook until it becomes transparent.
- Now add garlic to it.
- Mix cumin and jalapeno in the above.
- Now put this mixture in to another bowl.
- Now add sweet potatoes and mashed beans to it and mix thoroughly.
- Now add beaten egg and bread crumps.
- Mix well again.
- Make patties out of the mixture.
- Take a baking pan and grease it.
- Put the patties in the baking pan and bake for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with hamburger buns and lime mayonnaise.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in beta carotene and vitamin c.
- Garlic is very nutritious as it contains manganese, selenium and even decent amount of copper, calcium and potassium.
Health Benefits of Lime mayonnaise with sweet potato burger:
Garlic is good for arthritis patients and they are also known as arthritis fighting foods due to the presence of beta carotene. They are also rich in vitamin B-6, vitamin c, selenium, manganese and fiber and hence help in fighting arthritis pain.